Sunday, March 31, 2013

Another attack?... always with the attacking!

Here we go with another attack! on Christianity?
From what I understand a bunch of conservative people were pissed off today. Why? you ask... well I am going to tell you why, Cesar Chavez... that's why! You see there's this search engine called Google (you know the most famous search engine/household name/ verb) did not happen to advertise Easter on Easter. I know what your thinking {I thought Christianity was the only religion?} That however is not the case.
President Obama declared the 31st to be Cesar Chavez day. "I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate service, community, and educational programs to honor Cesar Chavez's enduring legacy." Sounds like we just lost another day off...




So that brings us to why... From my own perspective, I do not see this as Google attacking anything. I see a widely used product. Every type of person uses Google, religion is not universal. Many other people who do not subscribe to Christianity may be just as offended as these Christians who were not given their special attention. According a Google spokesperson said "We enjoy celebrating holidays at Google but, as you may imagine, it's difficult for us to choose which events to highlight on our site. Sometimes for a given date we feature an historical event or influential figure that we haven't in the past."

Since March 31'st was recently adopted as Cesar Chavez day that was the focus. I checked out the Google doodles page and saw they had one in 2000. I have not heard complaints before, then again I probably was not paying attention then. 

Word up!
         Steven V.


No comments:

Post a Comment